The History of Marini Manufacturing

Marini Manufacturing was founded on July 1st, 1952 by Albert Marini, Sr. and his wife Florence. The original business was named Marini Tool and Die and operated out of leased space in Building 17 of the Racine Industrial Plant. Eventually, the company built a small 3,000 square foot building on land purchased behind Albert's home at 2834 West Lawn Avenue. The company’s primary products at that time were tools, jigs, fixtures and gages for local companies in the Racine area.

In 1962, Albert, Sr. patented a “Quick Change” tool holder and collet system. His previous employer, Gorton Machine, needed such a product and, under a licensing agreement, began purchasing it for use on its various milling machines. This provided steady and reliable revenue to the company. It was around this time that Albert T. Marini Jr. joined the company. 

Through the rest of the 60’s, 70’s, 80’s and 90’s, the company maintained a small, dedicated workforce. In addition to the tool work and product line, they began to do limited parts manufacturing on manual mills, lathes and grinders. Customers included Twin Disc, Inc., In-Sink-Erator, Snap-on Tools, Jacobsen Manufacturing, Inc., Modine Manufacturing Company, and Giddings & Lewis Machine Tool Co.

In 1989, Albert Jr's son, Thomas G. Marini, joined the company. The company maintained its focus on providing quality-built tooling while expanding into production machining. In 1992, the first CNC machining center was purchased. This allowed for increased capacity and capabilities. By 1998, the company had numerous CNC machines and increased employment. With the added equipment and employees, manufacturing space was now a concern to the growing company. In 2000, operations were moved into a 20,000 square foot facility at 5100 21st Street in Racine.

Thomas Marini was named President of Marini Manufacturing in 2003. Growth has continued, and the company now operates 3 shifts, running 24 hours each day, manufacturing parts for Fortune 500 Companies. In 2010, the company completed a 10,000 sf warehouse expansion.  Marini Manufacturing firmly embraces the future…but will never forget its past or its origin.

Marini Tool Factory Floor

Marini Tool Factory Floor

Login